I want to make a open commitment to learn c and write a small-sized project. My motivation for this is mostly from feeling a gap of programming knowledge. Over the years I’ve tried learning various systems languages a few times. My interest usually falls apart and I move onto something else. As a result I have some gaps in my understanding of low level concepts.
By publicly stating this, I think I’ll stick with this for longer.
Expectations when finished
I should be:
- comfortable reading a project written in c
- comfortable modifying an existing project
- able to write a moderately complex project in c
- able to use a syscall - doing this is kind of a milestone for me
- able to program tetris
- able to debug and step through a program
I plan to work my way through The C Programming Language.